Monday, May 30, 2016

A Close Call Letter 5-30-16

11 Months in the Mission 5-24-16

P-Day Treat
Dementor Scorpion

Temple Day with My Hermanas

A Close Call In The Gryffindor Common Room

YAY!!! I´m so happy because a) I received a package this morning full of AMERICAN CEREAL!!!!!!!! I teared up slightly holding the Cinnamon Life and Waffle Crisp:) and b) Hna Balboa and I are going to stick out another transfer together!!! 

This week was just downright fabulous because on Wednesday we went to the temple! Perfect to do it at the end of a transfer because the temple just sort of gives you a spiritual boost. It´s also so wonderful because it is air-conditioned and clean in all parts of the temple!

Though I will have you know that I ALMOST DIED THIS WEEK... okay, that may be sliiigghhtly over-exaggerated. What happened was while I was washing some clothes one night in our bathroom, I felt something tickling my foot. Thinking it was a cockroach, I kicked it away. But then I looked down to see a scorpion with it stinger fully extended to suck my soul right out of me (pardon me as I tell the colorful version of this story where scorpions are part dementor). Luckily I have my patronus about me at all times so this scorpion-dementor did not take my soul and I survived, but it was terrifyingly close. Afterwards, Hna Balboa and I saved our investigator Sirius Black from the scorpion-dementors of Azcaban too with the timepiece that President Dumbledore gave us.

If you don´t understand that paragraph, don´t be to concerned about it.

The investigators are doing pretty well here. We´re still working with Daniel towards his baptismal date, but we haven´t been able to find or get ahold of Rocio for about a week. We have a new investigator, Reina, who is very interested in the message of the Restoration. She has had some serious problems in her family and I know that the Gospel will help her so please keep her in your prayers.

Thanks for all the love and prayers!

Con amor,
Hermana Hauck 

No comments:

Post a Comment