Sunday, May 22, 2016

Here Comes The Sun Letter 5-16-16

The Heat Is Killing Us!

TORTILLA!
Beat the Heat with an Icy Treat!
Here Comes The Sun (doo doo doo doo)

Ladies and gentlemen, Hermana Hauck live here to report to you that the heat has started. I REPEAT; THE HEAT HAS STARTED! 

According to the members and investigators we´ve talked to this week, we were hitting 110 this last week. That kind of heat isn´t exactly new to me, but it still us a lot of work to walk outside all day under the Sonora sun. Dehydration is actually a big problem in our mission so we´ve had to drink a bunch of Gatorades and things like that to keep us going. Hermana Balboa and I like to distract ourselves with work (and ice cream).

Things have been going pretty well. Rocio has a baptismal date, so does Daniel (son of Maria Socorro and Daniel sr.). Cuauhtemoc told us that he´s not ready for baptism so we stopped teaching him but will probably go back in a month or so. We’ve been finding lots of new people to teach so now we just keep teaching them until we can find the ones who are ready to enter into the covenant of baptism. 

This week we have received quite a few nasty comments about the church and about our beliefs, specifically about Joseph Smith. I wanted to bare my testimony to you about that.

I really do believe Joseph Smith´s account of having seen and talked to God the Father and Jesus Christ when he prayed that spring morning. Through him, they restored the church that Christ established. I know that he also received the Priesthood in its fullness. With that Priesthood power he translated the Book of Mormon. It’s through the Book of Mormon and prayer that I know these things. This testimony is really important to me and is what keeps me tied to this church because I believe that the same Priesthood that Joseph Smith received has been passed down to our living Prophet, Thomas S. Monson, whom I fully sustain as President of the church directly guided by the Savior Jesus Christ.

I hope you all have a fabulous week

That’s all there is. There isn´t any more.

Con amor,
Hermana Hauck

No comments:

Post a Comment