Tuesday, October 4, 2016

Drum Roll Please...Letter 9-26-16

Ivonne 

Ivonne

Hermanas Comacho & Hauck with Three Converts

Kenia

Irlanda and Her Family

Irlanda
WHAT A GLORIOUS WEEK!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am SO happy to tell you all that Irlanda, Kenia and Ivonne were baptized Saturday after the General Women´s Conference. It was a bit crazy this week leading up to Saturday because everything that we had to do to get ready for the baptisms got put back because I came down with bronchitis. Thankfully we had some members that could help us get everything done. And my super hero companion did a ton too! All was worth it because the baptism was perfect!!!

I can´t even express how strong the Spirit was in the baptism. Our three investigators in white brought tears to my eyes and will be a special memory for the rest of my life!! I couldn't stop smiling and hugging everyone as their families and friends and other members of our branch arrived for the service.

Irlanda was baptized by her dad, whom we recently reactivated. It was really special for us and their whole family (quadruplets and all) because they want to prepare to be sealed in the temple this winter. Irlanda is a gem and practically like my little sister :) After the ordinance she changed into this absolutely adorable fluffy white princess dress.

Ivonne is the second from her family to be baptized. Her grandma, Alma, is actually a convert of my old companion, Hna Mendoza. She was baptized in January. Now the 2 of them are getting names ready to take to the temple for baptisms. Ivonne wants us to send missionaries to her mom who lives in Mexicali.

Kenia has set a really great example for her family. Her husband came to church on Sunday to see her be confirmed and we´re going to start teaching him. Her little boys love primary:) and she is already getting involved in programs of the church.

I am so grateful that the Lord let me play a part in the conversion of these hermanas. This was a miracle!!!! I as a missionary didn't do much to be honest. It really all is the Lord. If we are obedient and submit ourselves to His will He can make us instruments in His hands. Irlanda, Kenia and Ivonne were part of the ¨white and already to harvest¨ group. As my companion and I worked hard and made the sacrifices that the Lord asked of us He let us see the miracle of the harvest.

I´m not sure what´s happened with the ponderizing scriptures lately... so I´m going to pick it for this week. I read this in personal studies Sunday morning after the baptism and it expresses my thoughts perfectly.

¨I know that which the Lord commanded me, and I glory in it. I do not glory in myself, but I glory in that which the Lord hath commanded me; yea, and this is my glory, that perhaps I may be an instrument in the hands of God to bring some soul to repentance, and this is my joy¨.  Alma 29:9

Con amor,
Hermana Hauck

No comments:

Post a Comment