Monday, October 10, 2016

Bitter-Sweet Week Letter 10-10-16

Life with the Payne

Goal presentation with Zona Caborca

Skype Call with Mom and Dad




Hi family!

This week was a bitter sweet one. As you know from last week, I am now companions with one of my best friends from the mission, Hna Payne. This to me completely proved to be revelation because my first week with her one of the dearest ladies in my life, my Grandma Hirschi, passed away. It`s somewhat hard for me to write about this right now so I`ll be brief. But I want you all to know that I`ve received comfort from my companion, my mission president and from Mom and Dad (Pres let me call them on Thursday). I`ve also received lots of comfort and strength from the Holy Ghost.

I want you to know that I have a testimony of the Plan of Salvation. I teach every day that thanks to our Savior, Jesus Christ, we will all live again and will be able to live with our families eternally according to our obedience to His commandments. This week was a chance for me to ask myself `I know it, but do I believe it?`. I am so happy to tell you all: Yes, I do believe it. I really do believe that Grandma Hirschi is awaiting in the Spirit Paradise and will reunite with her body in the resurrection. We will see her again. I believe and have faith in Christ and His Atonement. That was the only way possible to break the bands of death and sin for all humankind. It wasn`t extremely difficult but He `drank the bitter cup` because He loves us. How amazing!!!!

As far as the work goes here in Caborca, it`s been fun opening area.... again! BTW this is my 5th time opening an area in the mission. Not sure what`s going on there, but I`m not complaining. It`s a lot of work but is really a great experience every time I`ve done it.

We have one progressing investigator right now, who`s name is Felizardo, but we call him Feliz. He`s come to church with us once and has the goal to be baptized by the end of October. I'll keep you updated on him.

Caborca is quite different from my area in PeƱasco. Here it is very dry and dusty. And I`m pretty sure we are in the rich part of the city because the houses are huge! Hna Payne and I are getting along fabulously, of course. We have way too much fun! She`ll get home next March and you will all meet her because she`s moving into our house. :)

I love you all and I hope you have a great week!!

Con amor,

Hermana Hauck

No comments:

Post a Comment