Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Rocky & Adrian Letter 4-25-16







Rocky and Adrian,

Hi world. So this is a happy week and a weird one, because I´m turning 20 on Wednesday… like, what!? I´m pretty sure I stopped maturing after 6 so that can´t be right but according to all legal and official documents I will no longer be in my teens. I´m actually half devastated by it but I´ll probably be over it in a week or so.

Aaaand a huuuuge SHOUT OUT to my favorite Papa in the world!!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY DADDY!!! I love you so much. We´ll have an extra big party next year to celebrate. :)

Also this week I turned 10 months old in the mission... WHAAAT!?  I´m not sure which is weirder turning 20 years old or 10 months on my mission. They´re both equally weird, I guess. I will celebrate here with my Latinas eating loootttts of tacos :D

Anywho, this week has been pretty loco with training and opening area. Hna Balboa and I have gotten lost quite a few time but we´re starting to get it down. And we´re starting from scratch with investigators. It´s all very adventurous really. 

Our area is called Villa De Seris (thats ¨bee-ya deh seh-rees to you Americans) and it is really big. Actually it is supposed to be a biking area, but hermanas can´t ride bikes in Hermosillo so we´re on foot. And Hermosillo is hot, maybe around 90´s right now at noon, but we have much more heat awaiting us. GETTING PUMPED!!! I´m actually really happy to be back here in Hermosillo, with the sizzling sun, the mosquitos and all.

Hna Balboa is so cute by the way. We get along really well and we´re already great friends. Pretty much we were made for each other (ie Rocky and Adrian reference). We have a good time teaching together and joking around in our spare time. And it’s amazing because she speaks English and Spanish fluently! (I was slightly scared to train an American thinking I´d have to teach her Spanish).

That´s about it for this week. Thanks for the birthday email, I can´t wait to read them!

Con amor,
Hermana Hauck

No comments:

Post a Comment