Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Ready to Harvest-Letter 4-11-16

Sonora Senorita



Guaymas Ocean

Hi, Hello!

I´m so glad to see that Dresden is well and in good old St. George! Looks like his homecoming was really exciting, yet peaceful and happy. 

A HUGE SHOUTOUT to Mandi for successfully defending her dissertation and becoming a doctor and a babe. Ha-ha! She already was a babe. 

This week had a bit of a let down. Miriam was going to be baptized this last Saturday, but she didn´t have the permission of her dad so we had a little meeting with him and we explained baptism and why we needed his signature and everything. He agreed and we went forward with all our plans and everything. Then on Thursday Miriam told us that her mom wouldn´t support her baptism and that she (Miriam) had decided she doesn´t want to be baptized because she´ll be moving back with her mom in two months and all of her family is Catholic and most likely won´t support her going to our church. We´ve tried sharing a few different scriptures and messages with her, but without success.  I understand why it would be hard because she´s so young and she´s investigating alone. I just hope that some of the seeds my companions and I have planted here in Guaymas will take root as she grows in years and maturity. I´m also going to do all that I can to learn her address in Michoacan (her home state) to send missionaries there.

In spite of that let down, we started teaching a really special family. I can´t remember their last name, but their names are Jorge, Norma and Manuel and they are super upbeat and happy and friendly. When we taught them they really loved and agreed with the message we brought. They immediately accepted to come to church with us, and even better THEY ACTUALLY CAME!! Now let me take a moment to explain how hard it is to get the people here to come to church. It´s like getting Mom to surrender her Dreyer´s chocolate ice cream or cutting Brad or Jeff´s hair when they were 13 or putting Millie in a doggie bath or trying to get Shaye to play Apples to Apples. The point I´m illustrating is it´s HARD to get the people here to church. But this beautifully joyous family came. It was fast and testimony meeting and they loved it. They told the bishop afterwards how much they liked his testimony. Then later in the evening we passed by their house and they were all working on fixing up their truck so they could drive to church the following Sunday, as they told us. That is what we call wheat white and ready to harvest! And I love teaching families because the Gospel is for families.

Well, that´s about it from this week. Transfers are this next Monday, and I have three transfers here in Guaymas so most likely I´ll be heading out. It makes me really sad because I love it here, but it´ll also be good to meet knew people in a new area. We went to the beach today so I could say goodbye to the ocean for possibly the rest of my mission. 

Until next week when the adventure continues with Hermana Hauck!

Con amor,

Hermana Hauck

No comments:

Post a Comment