Monday, February 1, 2016

Representative of The Lollipop Guild - Letter 2-1-16

Raul's Baptism

Cleaning the Baptismal Font

Our Newest Investigator


Yello, Beautiful People! 
This week was a good one with lots of work and A BAPTISM!!

First, I’ll explain the subtitle. As you know, I, being me, am quoting or imitating something from movies roughly 98% of the time. After a good lesson I like to perform a lollipop guild dance for Hna Pelico...you know, that weird jerky kick/dance that the boy munchkins do to welcome Dorothy in the Wizard of Oz. Anyways, it always confuses Hna Pelico so then I try to explain what the Wizard of Oz is but it’s never clicked for her. Then one day, while a member came out with us, I did it for them and tried yet again to explain which movie it was ¨El Mago de Oz,” which is a direct translation of the title so I’m not sure why I didn’t think to translate it like that earlier because Pelico immediately understood what I had been doing for the past two transfers. I realize that this story has no point now that I have typed it out...but I hope it communicates how ridiculous it can be living 100% in a different language...if that message wasn´t communicated, then I hope you can find it slightly humorous to imagine me dancing the lollipop guild dance.

Moving on.

Raul´s baptism was really special. It’s been so cool to be able to see his entire conversion process. At first when we would visit his parent, who are recent converts, he wouldn’t leave his room to talk to us. With time we were able to introduce ourselves and begin sharing this amazing Gospel with him. Now he has seriously changed his life in so many ways. Seeing him make covenants with Heavenly Father was soo special. For the baptism service I spoke on the Holy Ghost, Hna Pelico spoke on baptism and all us missionaries sang Divina Luz for the special number (Lead, Kindly Light in English). 

The work has been really good this week. We have a bunch of new investigators and hopefully a fair amount of them are ready to receive the Gospel. Seeing the changes it has made in Raul’s life and living the changes it has made in mine really makes me feel like Ammon and the others in the book of Alma who can’t even bear to think of others living without the Gospel. Specifically I want others to be able to receive the remission of sins that comes only through the Atonement of Christ.

The Atonement is there for all of us to use and apply to our lives, but we have to take the initiative. I hope you are all remembering to always do the little things like prayers morning and night, reading the scriptures DAILY and attending church. As small as they may seem, those are the things that really keep us on the strait and narrow.

Thank you all for your love and support in all that I do! You´re the best!

Con amor,
Hermana Hauck

No comments:

Post a Comment