Wednesday, December 23, 2015

CHRISTMAS!!! Letter 12-22-15

Con amor and a Mexican pancho

Pinata Party

Ward Party. Olaf is Mormon!

Mission-wide Conference

My Generation

CHRISTMAS!!!!!

I CAN¨T BELIEVE CHRISTMAS IS HERE!!!!!! I feel like I´m just bursting with Christmas cheer (and excitement to talk to my fam bam on FRIDAY!!!!!) Being in the mission for Christmas is really, really cool. Not too many people have time right now to listen to us, but when we tell them we just want to share a 2-minute video with them they oftentimes accept. Then we get to share the beautiful video that the church made and we get to talk about the Savior. The members are taking really good care of us too. We have so much food in our fridge because they keep bringing it to us! It´s also really special to be able to focus so much in the Savior because whenever I even think about feeling lonely I just think of Him and I feel the Spirit envelop me.

Yesterday we had our mission-wide conference. There were soooo many of us there! It was really exciting to be able to meet everyone and to see all the Hermanas from my MTC generation and my trainer, Hna Piña. Sidenote: We (my generation) had the weirdest realization. I’m not sure is I ever told you this, but they stopped sending American sisters to this mission for 14 months right before my generation came in. Hna Blackmore’s generation was the last one before us. So now I and the other Americanas from my generation are the oldest in the mission. That doesn´t really matter or have anything to do with this email, but I just wanted you to know how old I´m getting. :) 

Back to the conference. We ate some pretty good mole and then we heard from the presidency of the mission. I always love hearing from President and Hermana Robinson because they are so sincere and loving. There was lots of music too. All of the zones were asked to prepare a special number to perform. We were told that we could sing what ever Christmas song we wanted so put together this performance of a song “Mi Burrito Sabanero”, a fun and upbeat song that talks about traveling to Bethlehem with a burrito (burrito as in little donkey, not the food sadly). We were surprised to find that all of the other zones prepared hymns. Ha-ha! So right after one zone sang “Noche De Luz” (Silent Night) we sang Burrito Sabanero! We were going to clap along with it but we thought it maybe better to not. Everyone (even President) was laughing by the chorus. Here’s a link to the song so you can hear it and imagine my zone and me standing in front of our entire mission singing this incredibly informal song. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Wrc6Q7acME

We also had a gift exchange in our zone. Naturally, I was sooo excited to find out that the elder who I drew likes Star Wars. I found a super cool Darth Vader shirt (that he loved BTW).

I hope you are all enjoying this holiday season. And I really hope that you can feel the Spirit in your lives.

I just want to bear my testimony that I know that Jesus Christ is our Savior. Our Heavenly Father, who loves us more than we can imagine, sent His Son to this world to save us. I know it´s not my turn to choose the ponderizing scripture, but I just wanted to share this scripture from D&C 88: 33 For what doth it profit a man if a gift is bestowed upon him, and he receive not the gift? Behold, he rejoices not in that which is given unto him, neither rejoices in him who is thegiver of the gift.

Jesus Christ is this Gift. Let´s receive Him, not just during Christmastime, but everyday again and again. And as we receive this Gift, we can rejoice in it, and in Heavenly Father, who is the Giver of the Gift.

I love you all so much!

Con amor
Hermana Hauck

No comments:

Post a Comment