Monday, November 23, 2015

PUI: Proselyting Under the Influence Letter 11-23-15Mexican


Mexican Thanksgiving

YAY for Thanksgiving coming up! Then the holidays can officially start, though they always start for me immediately after Halloween. I am so thankful to have the Savior and His Atonement and Gospel in my life. I am also super duper thankful to have YOU in my life! Why? Because you´re awesome, duh!

Today we had a Zone Thanksgiving dinner! KFC style because none of us have ovens/time to cook a turkey. There was no stuffing nor cranberry sauce but it was pretty good considering we´re in Mexico and all. 

Oh, I guess I better explain my subject title. So Hna Blackmore and I were on cake duty for the Thanksgiving dinner (pies pretty much don´t exist here) and we picked out the two most deliciously beautiful cakes we could find at the store here, one was chocolate fudge and the other tres leches. We served out the tres leches to half the zone and a couple bites into his piece one Elder commented about how strong the flavor was. Another smelled his piece and yelled “Ï think it´s spiked!”. Sure enough, we checked the ingredients and there was a good deal of wine in this cake two Mormon sister missionaries tried to feed to their zone! OOPS!!! It was a good thing we bought two cakes, but I have a feeling that this story is going to follow me for the rest of my mission. 

On Wednesday I had to go to the dentist to have a cavity filled. At first is was probably one of the scariest moments of my mission because they placed this seemingly Medieval torture device over my face to keep my mouth open or something. After that it wasn´t too bad... but I miss Dr. Denos for sure! The entire right side of my face was numb for the rest of the evening which didn´t do any favors for my Spanish. Of course I was called on to say the opening prayer in a meeting during which Hna Blackmore was shaking next to me from trying not to laugh.

As for the work here, we had a kind of off week with our young investigators, Alejandra and Luis, last week, but after our Family Home Evening last Monday they seemed to feel the Spirit and things started going better again. They now have a baptism date set for this Saturday. Will you all pray that they can keep progressing and that they can really receive confirmations that this is the right decision?

We had an interesting visit with a less active who was telling us she wants to go back to church now that the world is having all this crazy stuff happen with France and Syria. It made me think of how it is important to not procrastinate your day of repentance to when things get bad. Truth is we always need this Gospel, it´s just sometimes more obvious to us when we are in the middle of a trial or when crazy stuff is happening in the world. I guess that shows how faithful you are if you are just as firm in the faith when, to use a scriptural reference, all is well in Zion.

I hope your week is just lovely and I really hope that you don´t have spiked desserts for Thanksgiving!

Con amor,
Hermana Hauck

No comments:

Post a Comment