Tuesday, November 3, 2015

I Love Candy Packages Letter 11-2-15

Splits with Alejandra

I love my package!

Gangster Missionary

Hello Dearest Humans!

I can´t believe Halloween time is over and we are in the month of November! Ha-ha I actually totally forgot that it was Halloween on Saturday until like 3:00. Sadly, Hna. Blackmore and I were already fasting by then so we ate no candy. 

Thankfully I´ve got my fam-bamily sending me packages of sweets to fill our trick-or-treatless tummies! We were SO excited to receive the package from you at church on Sunday! We went home and opened it and it felt like Christmas! I loved the jacket from Grandma Hirschi, the letters from everyone and all the candy! Especially the candy from Disneyland. My R2D2 Pez dispenser now resided on my study desk.  :) I feel so happy to have this stash of snacks! Also the stars miraculously aligned because I had Sprite in the fridge from earlier in the week so I was able to drink it through red vine licorice, which is a childhood recipe for happiness.

We got to see the baby pugs that I wrote about a few weeks ago again. A little bit bigger but OH SO CUTE! Remember how I said the owner was putting eye drops for humans in their eyes and I was afraid that it probably wasn´t best to do so? Well, I´m not sure if this is caused directly from the eye drops, but two of the puglets have lazy eyes.  On the bright side it makes them a teeny bit cuter in a pugly way.

A Hermana from another branch her in Nogales was sick and had to go to the hospital this week. Since my companion is the sister training leader, we had to go check on her. The hospitals here are totally Catholic! There was a huge shrine of the Virgin Mary outside, statues and pictures of the Virgin in every hallway and room and a cross with the trinity above each hospital bed. It was really interesting to see all of this and it really made me think of how in the Book of Mormon it talks about the great and abominable church polluting some of the plain and precious truths and doctrines of the Gospel of Jesus Christ, in this example they worship Mary as a deity though we know Heavenly Father to be our God and Jesus Christ to be His Son and the only Mediator between God and man with His Atoning sacrifice. Of course we love and respect Mary as a woman virtuous enough to be chosen by God to be the earthly mother of Christ, but it was never a doctrine of Christ´s Gospel to worship her. 

I´ve been reading from Jesus The Christ lately and I´m trying to time it as to be reading about His birth just before Christmas time. BTW I CANT BELIEVE CHRISTMAS IS PRACTICALLY HERE!!!!!!!!! (i.e. it´s November so you know Team BlackHauck is officially listening to Christmas music). Anywho, it´s been interesting reading about how Christ was foreordained in the pre-existence to be our Savior. I know and testify that He really did come forth to our Father in that day and offer Himself to be the sacrificial Lamb for our mortal sins, weaknesses and afflictions. I know that I will never be able to fully understand neither appreciate what Christ has done for me and for all of us, but I am grateful for it. I hope you all can take time in your lives everyday to remember Him and what He has done for us.

I love you all so much and I hope your week goes just swimmingly!

Con amor,

Hermana Hauck

No comments:

Post a Comment