Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Roadtrip Letter 11-9-15


Roadtrip to Hermosillo

PIZZA!!!

My Hermanas in Hermosillo

Tortilla Making

Going to Church

Hey turtles! 

I hope your week was grand! I can´t believe little Emme is 3!! WHAT THE WHAT?? She´s going to stop growing now right? And Hudson´s 1st birthday is on the way! Soooo weird! 

Anywho, this week went just swimmingly here for your main girl Hermana Hauck.

On Monday I took Hna Blackmore to the bus station because she was going to a meeting in Hermosillo for the leadership of the mission. The assistants gave her the wrong time so she missed her bus and the next one was at 8:00 that night which meant she would arrive in Hermosillo at about 11:30. President didn´t want her to be alone for that long so late at night so he gave me permission to go with her! Pres. and Hna Robinson picked us up and took us to their house to stay for the night. We were pretty pooped to be up until about midnight that night but it was fun having a little roadtrip:) Then the next day I sat through the meeting, which was pretty cool. My old companion Hna Piña is a sister training leader now so I got to see her. Plus I got pizza so it was a pretty fabulous day for me!

On Wednesday an investigator, Josefina, taught me how to make tortillas de harina (basically Cafe Rio tortillas). The recipe is way simple, but shaping them is a bit trickier. When I´m home I´ll have to make some for you because they are SO GOOD! However, I warn that their addictive yumminess is a trap and will make you gain weight before you know it if you´re not careful!

Hna Blackmore and I got to go to Young Womens in our ward with Alejandra, Josefina´s 14 year old daughter who is also investigating the church. It was kind of weird to hear the theme in Spanish, but it was really fun to be with the young girls of our branch.

Alejandra and her younger brother, Luis, are progressing pretty well but they are really shy when it comes to praying. We´re trying to get them to be more comfortable with it, because they have the date of the 28th this month to be baptized. 

Another investigator whom I´ve mentioned, Gabriela, is having a hard time. She´s opened up to us and told us some of the trials she´s had in her life, particularly with her family. She is trying so hard to find the path God wants for her and her children. I know she is so close! The Gospel is what they need! I love her and her kids so much. It´s weird how deeply you can come to love people that you haven´t known for that long as a missionary. I´m not sure exactly what it is, but something about working so hard everyday to bring someone even just a little bit closer to Christ and the Light that He is makes you care for them so much. 

That´s about it for this week.
I love you all so much! You´re all really, really, ridiculously good-looking.
Thank you for all of your love, support and prayers! 

Con amor,
Hermana Hauck

No comments:

Post a Comment