Monday, November 21, 2016

Thanksgiving Letter 11-21-16

Buying, Preparing and Eating

Zona Caborca`s Thanksgiving Dinner

FOOD GLORIOUS FOOD!

Hello beautiful people!!!!

This week I am so grateful for the Savior, Jesus Christ, and His gospel, my wonderful family, all of my friends and loved ones and all of the experiences the Lord has blessed me with on my mission. Also the scriptures because they rock, also puppies (rest in peace. little Millie <3), flour tortillas, chocolate ice cream, my companion and toothpaste. Really the list can go on and on. My full length version of the grateful list would wrap around Mexico 40,000 times, I'd say.

Today was a fabulous P-day because we celebrated Thanksgiving (or Dia de Accion de Gracias) here in Zona Caborca. Hna Payne and I were in charge of ALL the cooking. It was a big assignment but we took on our shoulders with red-blooded American pride. Payne killed it in the stuffing and gravy and I gave the Hauck name honor in the mashed potatoes and pies. The zone loved it! We all went around saying what we're grateful for.

This week has been nice but we're still seeing lots of problems with getting people to church. This week was even worse because it was a Mexican holiday and everyone was out in parades and parties. This week we'll be trying really hard to get pur investigators to realize how important the day of rest is.

Please keep your prayers coming! I've only got a month left but I've got LOTS to do!

Con amor,

Hermana Hauck

No comments:

Post a Comment