Monday, July 25, 2016

Week 2 in Peñasco Paradise Letter 7-25-16

Thirteen months as a missionary

Hermana Camacho and me

Dinner with the Tapia Lopez family

Hullo beautiful world!!!!

Hermana Camacho and I are beginning to hit our stride with the bike thing and we now know our area. I'm not sure if I mentioned last week that I'm opening a new area again. The dogs still make me pee my pants when they chase us but I think by next week I'll be over that phobia.

The people here are really awesome. I wanted to fill you in on some of our investigators.

The Tapia Lopez Family. We met Hermano Tapia in the street and he told us he was baptized when he had 14 years but hasn't gone to church in years and his wife and kids aren't members. We started visiting them this week. I LOVE teaching families because the Spirit is so strong when we testify about eternal families and the Plan of Salvation.

Ivonne is a 14 year old girl who lives with her recently converted grandma, Alma. She`s interested in the church but sometimes is embarrassed by us in front of her friends. Ha-ha-ha nothing makes me feel so old and nerdy as seeing her and her friends making faces when sweaty yet spiritual Hermanas Hauck and Camacho come to visit. We'll see if she'll start taking things a bit more seriously.

Marina is a 50ish year old woman who we've been visiting. She has a baptismal goal for August 13th but didn't come to church Sunday so we'll have to push it back a week.

That's actually proven to be a pretty big problem for our area. There is only one church in Puerto Peñasco and my area is an hour walking and the buses pass, like, once semi-annually or something. It's alright for my comp and I because we have our bikes :) but the people here have to go in taxi, which is expensive, or they have to walk in the sun. We've been really trying to motivate people to make sacrifices to be able to observe the Day of Rest. I hope that's good motivation for you back at home to go to church with a big smile:D

That's all there is. There isn't any more.

Con amor,

Hermana Hauck



1. Dinner with the Tapia Lopez family.  2. Hermana Camacho and me

No comments:

Post a Comment