Friday, June 24, 2016

Ice Cream Makes EVERYTHING Better! Letter 6-20-16

Hermana Hauck in her bridesmaid dress for Brad & Emilee's wedding.


Ice Cream Makes EVERYTHING Better! 

Prelude: I think my last subject line was about ice cream too... Shows you where my priorities are.

Greetings to the outside world! 

Today was a bit of a crazy P day because we had to go to Mexico immigration to renew my visa because this week I´ll have ONE YEAR!!!! WHAT?! Yep, weird. Then after we had to go pant shopping again, which is the worst, but I finally have finished I think.  Sadly, Hna Ylst´s and Hna Ruiz´s backpacks were stolen today while we were shopping. I actually can´t believe I haven´t had anything stolen yet in the mission... maybe I´m speaking too soon. Anyways, we made them feel a bit better by going to Dairy Queen for ice cream. : )

We had a really good Zone Conference this week where President talked to us about doctrine for a bit and I wanted to share a cool point.

We talked about what it means to be ¨children of God¨. We can be mistaken thinking that we are simply creations of Him making us His children. But while we definitely are creations we are more specifically children. An artist can create a painting and the painting is his, but that painting will never and can never come to be like the artist. We are not paintings but children. Spiritual offspring with the potential to become like our Heavenly Father. As said in the scriptures, the plan of God is ¨one eternal round¨ so we can arrive to be as He is. I like the quote ¨as we are God once was and as God is we can become¨. I don´t really have time to expound more on this doctrine but I thought it was cool and wanted to share it.

If you want more of that spiritual goodness READ YOUR SCRIPTURES!!

Con amor,

Hermana Hauck

No comments:

Post a Comment